Local GPs are working together to offer patients better access to appointments in General Practice in Buckinghamshire, known as the ‘Improved Access’ Service. This means that you can now book an appointment in practice local to you:
- up until 8pm from Monday to Friday
- on a Saturday (your practice can confirm which practices are open, and their opening hours on this day)
- from 9am until 1pm on Sunday (at one of the FedBucks Improved Access Hubs located across the county)
Patients registered with any GP Surgery within Wycombe will be able to access this service via the participating surgeries in their area. In Wycombe these surgeries are:
- Desborough Surgery (Hazelmere branch)
- Chlitern House Medical Centre
- Kingswood Surgery
- Wye Valley Surgery
- Riverside Surgery
- Priory Surgery
- Cressex Health Centre
- FedBucks Improved Access Hubs located at Wycombe Hospital, Stoke Mandeville Hospital and Threeways Surgery, Stoke Poges (Sunday and Bank Holiday weekends only).
All appointments need to be pro-booked, either in advance or on the day.
How to Book an Improved Access appointment
Ring Carrington House surgery as normal. If you would like an Improved Access appointment, please let the receptionist know and then one of the duty doctors will call you back to book a convenient Improved Access appointment for you. You are likely to be seen by a clinician from another surgery and not your own GP. Please also note that the appointment will be either face to face or on the phone. Additionally the GP seeing you may not have access to all of your records (e.g. test results, hospital letters) and they are not able to do routine referrals to other services, blood tests and in some circumstances provide you with a prescription.
This will NOT be a walk in service. If you still need urgent medical advice after 6.30pm or on the weekends you will need to phone NHS 111 or go to A&E.