Our mission is to build on traditions to develop a sustainable practice business model that provides high quality health care from a patient centred, friendly & dynamic team.
We will aim for
- a broad range of patient services
- good access to the clinical staff you need at convenient times
- committed, friendly and helpful staff
- high standards of equipment, premises, and administration.
We will value
- excellence in clinical quality, patient services, and our premises
- being available to all who need us
- openness and honesty in all our dealings
- flexibility and innovation in a changing NHS.
We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you feel we achieve that aim.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the Primary Healthcare Team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
Our responsibility to you
- You will be treated with respect and courtesy
- You have the right to confidentiality, all data held is protected and governed by the Data Protection Act.
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law.
- You will be seen on the same day if your problem is urgent.
- You will be seen by your preferred doctor whenever possible.
- You will be informed if there will be a significant delay to your appointment.
- You will be referred to a consultant if you GP thinks it medically necessary.
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation on you r request.
- Your repeat prescription will be ready within 48 hours of request.
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically.
- Any complaint raised will be dealt with quickly and fully, in line with the current complaints procedure.
But please also remember………
Your responsibility to us:
- Please treat all surgery staff with the same respect – we work in a complex and demanding environment.
- Abusive or violent patients will be removed from the practice list.
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself
- Tell us of any change to personal details so that our records are kept up to date.
- Only request urgent appointments if appropriate.
- Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend the surgery.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend.
- Please be punctual but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency.
- Please allow sufficient time for results to reach us but let us know if you are anxious and we will chase them for you.
- Please attend for reviews when asked as overdue reviews will prevent repeat prescriptions being issued.
- Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibility to you as we endeavour to provide the best possible service.
- We would of course be delighted to hear when you feel praise is due to either the team or a particular individual.